Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Potato Croquettes




The first time I tried potato croquette was on a driving range grill in Prague. The hostel I was staying at (a bit more than 5 months in all, The Boathouse) was on the river downwind from the Nestle factory, so it quite often smelled like slightly burnt brownies, and on the far end of said driving range. I strolled over one day to hit some balls, then came into the "clubhouse" to grab some lunch. Potato Croquette was on the menu and I do love me some potato dishes, so I ordered it. Crunchy on the outside, smoothy mashed potato inside. I have never made it until tonight, these guys are fairly easy. Mashed potatoes, egg and breadcrumbs, then fry. They only take about 30 seconds to fry and are great with any sort of meat.

Potato
Breadcrumbs
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Asagio Cheese
Eggs
Milk



photos by Gustavno Rivera

No comments: