Friday, March 20, 2009

Vertori's - Sarasota, FL

I've never really liked pizza, even as a kid. Teachers used to try and bribe us with a pizza party, but that never worked on me. I especially hate cheap American pizza. Tons of cheap cheap cheese with processed pepperoni and canned maranara sauce never really quite satisfied me. When I went to Europe I discovered a thin pizza with toppings like cooked banana and that changed my view on the food. I may eat maybe one slice of pizza a year if I'm at a party drinking and there's nothing else to eat. I was sitting in my room in Sarasota, Florida, with nothing around but the airport and the only delivery place is Vertori's so I gave it a shot because they had an interesting pizza menu. I went with the Tropic BBQ pizza and it was fantastic!

We got chicken, bacon, pineapple, onion, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.

First time I ordered a small 8" and the second time I ordered and X-Large. Best pizza I've had outside of Amsterdam. (They have the best fries too.)

No comments: