Monday, January 4, 2010

Chocolate Covered Pistachios



Inspired by my recent trips to the Parrot, I took it upon myself to make something I've always wanted to try, but have, for some reason, never been able to find: Chocolate Covered Pistachios. A few years ago I found a bag of "Chocolate Covered Pistachios" at Target, but when I got home and bit into one, discovered that they were a combination of ground pistachios, coffee beans, toffee and a slew of other foodstuffs. Gross. But these little morsels were amazing. The wonderful earthy flavor of pistachio and sweet creaminess of the chocolate worked beautifully together. I'll be making these again, Soon.

(To make these I shelled a bunch of pistachios and melted some brick chocolate I bought at the Parrot on the stovetop over warm heat, then hand dipped and put in the fridge for about an hour. Pretty simple, they key is using a very low heat for the chocolate, or better yet a double boiler.)

No comments: